10) You can explore mysteries, what-ifs, and universal truths, and you can solve them in whatever way you want. You can stretch your imagination to the outer limits, and make your readers believe, even for a short while, in magic.
9) Whenever you space out and forget where you’re going, or spend two hours in the bath, you can always blame it on the people in your head who, at last, decided to reveal their deepest secrets. (Of course, if you tell this to someone who doesn’t write or read romance, they might send you on an expense-paid trip to the funny farm!)
8) You can buy books as a legitimate business expense. Better, you can read books as a legitimate part of your job.
7) You can go to work in your pajamas if you want or, at the least, sans panty hose, makeup, and an 18-Hour bra.
6) You can have torrid affairs with sexy men and not risk divorce or the fiery gates of hell.
5) You can be the woman you always wanted to be: braver, thinner, sassier, with perfect skin and thick hair. Or the woman you never wanted to be: a bitch, a murderer, the opposite sex… You can be whatever you want for a while, without any repercussions.
4) You learn to develop a balanced sense of self. You’re dancing with angels when a reader tells you you’re the best thing since the discovery of chocolate; you’re in the dregs of self-esteem when your editor tells you your latest book stinks worse than limburger cheese.
3) You can tell your mother she was wrong… It’s okay to tell stories after all.
2) Writing is the one place in your life where you can be God and control your world. If your characters let you, that is.
1) The best, absolutely number one part is knowing that what you love doing will touch someone’s life and take them away from their troubles for a while.
I hope you enjoyed this list as much as I love writing for you!
If you would like to read a little more about what Tina writes, follow the links below to download one of her FREE bestsellers. She also has a $0.99 deal this week only! Tina's stories are available in print, eBook, and audio formats at your favorite retailer.
Start Tina's Justiss Alliance series with a FREE book!
Romance - Suspense - SEALs!
When six couples arrive in sunny Miami Beach, they vow to place life troubles on hold and enjoy a child-free weekend. But even paradise can’t whisk away problems…
Grab the final book in the series from your favorite retailer!
What readers are saying about the Butterfly Memoirs:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I loved how the characters got to really know each other despite the ethnic differences... M.J. Kane has just found another fan." — VINE VOICE
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "A Wonderful Story of Love and Triumph." — Hopeless Romantic, AVP
Thirty-nine-year-old struggling actress Alaina Ackerman isn’t just down on her luck today; lady luck has packed up and left town for heaven only knows where.
Instead of ending up homeless on the streets of New York City in November, Alaina accepts her mother’s holiday invitation and heads home to Pittsburgh for a much-needed break. Maybe even to give up on acting altogether.
The last thing Alaina expects is to be happy returning home, especially when fate not only tosses an abandoned puppy into her lap, but also practically embeds Markus Klein into her life. That wouldn't be so bad if she hadn’t spent the last twenty years trying to forget the night they crossed the “just friends” line. Now, torn between a love she thought she lost, and one she never knew existed, that vicious harpy some call fate dangles Alaina’s dream opportunity -- a leading role -- in front of her. Her only problem… Going after her dream could jeopardize her chance at love.
As if a new puppy, love, and career aren’t complicated enough, Alaina discovers that her mother and sister are keeping a secret from her. The revelation might be just enough to get Alaina’s life heading in the right direction … or send her over the edge.
What readers are saying...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Entertaining and upbeat. I liked the steady pace, and the characters were likable.” — Vine Voice Reviewer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Well-written and the characters are realistic and come alive in the story. It is a story of taking chances.” — Top 1000 Reviewer
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Loved Alaina's story, a fast read and just enough romance for a cool Monday afternoon. Loved the end, time to find the next book.” — Goodreads Reviewer
Connect with Carmen to be the first to know about Great Deals & New Releases!RSS Feed
Newsletter - BookBub - Amazon
If you haven't started the series, grab book one, a stand-alone, no-cliffhanger beautiful women's fiction with heart and soul absolutely FREE!
If you're caught up with the series, great news... You can pre-order the new release for only $0.99!
Butterflies symbolize change, evolution, the shedding of the old and bringing out the new. A memoir is a story, a narration told first hand, of someone’s personal experiences.
Like butterflies in the spring that disappear into cocoons and emerge, completely changed, M.J.'s characters are no longer the same when their story ends.
The Butterfly Memoirs are told by the characters themselves. It is Women’s Fiction, Contemporary and Interracial Romance. Each story address the realistic trials every woman and man face in a relationship. M.J.'s goal is to inspire hope, comfort, and encourage anyone who may be able to relate to these stories.
All books are stand-alone stories, no cliffhangers. However, each book revisits each of the characters' lives, so you'll enjoy following along with old friends as you meet new ones.
Every once and a while, we all need a new look! Even books!
Hope y'all like these new covers! We really tried to find images that not only conveyed the stories, but also the characters.
Jackie Weger has been writing romance novels between life events for thirty-five years. She's a traveler of our good earth by foot, boat, bus, train, plane and pickup, but usually only gets as far as Walmart.
The Justiss Alliance Series
When five Navy SEALs take the fall for a covert mission gone wrong, the brotherhood of bad-asses joins The Justiss Alliance, a private agency that exacts justice outside the law.
Tina Wainscott is a USA Today bestselling author of more than thirty books with romantic thrills and suspenseful chills. Her stories are full of ravines and shaky bridges, sometimes scary people and situations, but at their heart are about people who overcome their baggage to find their happy endings.
She's also the New York Times bestselling author of the Offspring Series under her pen name Jaime Rush.
Connect with Tina and stay up-to-date on New Releases and Specials!
Website - BookBub - Amazon
Sign up to be the first to know about new releases from Tina Wainscott!