10) You can explore mysteries, what-ifs, and universal truths, and you can solve them in whatever way you want. You can stretch your imagination to the outer limits, and make your readers believe, even for a short while, in magic.
9) Whenever you space out and forget where you’re going, or spend two hours in the bath, you can always blame it on the people in your head who, at last, decided to reveal their deepest secrets. (Of course, if you tell this to someone who doesn’t write or read romance, they might send you on an expense-paid trip to the funny farm!)
8) You can buy books as a legitimate business expense. Better, you can read books as a legitimate part of your job.
7) You can go to work in your pajamas if you want or, at the least, sans panty hose, makeup, and an 18-Hour bra.
6) You can have torrid affairs with sexy men and not risk divorce or the fiery gates of hell.
5) You can be the woman you always wanted to be: braver, thinner, sassier, with perfect skin and thick hair. Or the woman you never wanted to be: a bitch, a murderer, the opposite sex… You can be whatever you want for a while, without any repercussions.
4) You learn to develop a balanced sense of self. You’re dancing with angels when a reader tells you you’re the best thing since the discovery of chocolate; you’re in the dregs of self-esteem when your editor tells you your latest book stinks worse than limburger cheese.
3) You can tell your mother she was wrong… It’s okay to tell stories after all.
2) Writing is the one place in your life where you can be God and control your world. If your characters let you, that is.
1) The best, absolutely number one part is knowing that what you love doing will touch someone’s life and take them away from their troubles for a while.
I hope you enjoyed this list as much as I love writing for you!
If you would like to read a little more about what Tina writes, follow the links below to download one of her FREE bestsellers. She also has a $0.99 deal this week only! Tina's stories are available in print, eBook, and audio formats at your favorite retailer.
Start Tina's Justiss Alliance series with a FREE book!
Romance - Suspense - SEALs!
For Great Book Deals sent straight to your in-box, click HERE!
Don't forget to enter the Giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway Disclosure of Material Connection: This site is managed by www.WrittenMusings.com. Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”